18 Days, 10 Hours until Spring Training. So in that void waiting for America’s greatest game to resume its glorious, daily grind, I’m reading about the game and came across Satchel Paige’s ‘Rules for Staying Young.’ God bless this man.
1. Avoid fried meats, which angry up the blood.
2. If your stomach disputes you, lie down and pacify it with cool thoughts.
3. Keep the juices flowing by jangling around gently as you move.
4. Go very light on the vices such as carrying on in society. The social ramble ain’t restful.
5. Avoid running at all times.
6. Don’t look back; something might be gaining on you.